10C Industrial Computer
- Substation Hardened, suitable for Protection systems and SCADA applications
- Exceeds IEC 61850 and IEEE 1613 Environmental Standards for Substation Automation
- Low power consumption 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor, 512KB L2 cache, 533Mhz FSB
- Two Ethernet ports. Six USB ports; six optional serial ports
- 16GB flash drive, with an optional disk bay
- Dual hot-swap power supplies
- Energy-efficient advanced thermal design enables cool operation at extended temperatures
Mission critical applications such as substations, water treatment plants, transportation and public-safety as well as many others require constant monitoring, security, management and data collection to ensure that all is well. A substationhardened computer allows the monitoring, surveillance and other critical logic to be embedded into rich applications running on Linux or Windows™ environments.
The Magnum 10C allows the deployment of such applications without the worry or concern that environmental extremities will cause reliability issues. The Magnum 10C offers a maintenance free, low-power, high-reliability, fan-free, silent computing platform to support these applications. By integrating power surge and other resiliency protections in hardware, the Magnum 10C provides hardened and isolated standard interfaces such as USB 2.0 as well as Serial IO ports.
By resisting dust, dirt, power-surge and temperature uncontrolled environments, the Magnum 10C allows quick integration of industry standard sensors or other custom interfaces to complete the solution. As power utilities embrace Smart Grid standards, loss of data or control is unacceptable. Smart Grid capabilities depend on the resilient infrastructures. Not only must the electricity continue to flow, but also data and control commands must also flow to manage, monitor and control the load and distribution on the grid. The 10C can provide essential distributed command and control structure by distributing the critical applications within critical points of the Smart Grid.